High Carb Day
1 T. avocado oil
1 10.5-oz. can 99% fat free cream of chicken soup
2 C. low sodium chicken broth
6-oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked &
shredded (can also use rotisserie breast, skin
3 uncooked biscuits (dough)
1 large celery stalk, diced
1/2 large yellow onion, minced
1 T. minced garlic
1/4 C. frozen peas
1/4 C. frozen carrots
salt & pepper, to taste
2 T. fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. In large pot, sauté onions & celery in avocado oil until soft. Add garlic
& sauté for 1 additional minute.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in pot EXCEPT for biscuit dough.
3. On cutting board, roll or flatten dough from each biscuit (about 1/4 "
4. Slice each circle into 8 pie-shape pieces (24 dumplings total).
5. Using hands, lightly squish each piece of dough, then add to pot.
(Stir occasionally while adding dumplings to prevent sticking together.)
5. Cover & simmer on low for 1 hour, or until dumplings are cooked
through. (Consistency when done should be soft yet buoyant, without
a sticky center.)
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You're information will not be shared, We hate spam too!